Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction.
MBSR was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD and colleagues at the Center for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical Center. MBSR-Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction is a life affirming 8-week course in conscious living.
- Learn how specific mindfulness practices can reliably bring a greater sense of well-being and peace, plus allow you to meet disturbing life events with more grace and composure.
- Increase your ability to cope with stress resulting from chronic physical pain and the challenges of everyday life and be more fully present and alive in this moment.
“Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally.”
This highly participatory 8-week course plus a day-long class on the weekend includes:
- Guided instruction on mindfulness meditation
- Guided exploration on body awareness
- Gentle mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Group dialogue
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice
To inquire about the complete 8-week course of 2.5 hrs each session, please contact Savita for upcoming dates.
There has been a great deal of research over the past decade on the science of mindfulness. Here are some of the benefits:
- Greater life satisfaction
- Increased sense of wellness and improved facility for self-care
- Help relieve stress
- Psychological/emotional resilience
- Treat heart disease
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce chronic pain
- Improved sleep
- Improved mental health